Baking Soda for Acne Treatment recipe fast, effective and safe at home. How to treat acne with baking soda is still quite strange to many people, because people often use soda for cooking and baking. Therefore, this article Beauty Tips will summarize information about the effective use of Acne Treatment that this product brings.
Ingredients and effects of Baking Soda
What is baking soda? According to the scientists, baking soda is a slightly alkaline powder, derived from the chemical reaction of sodium chloride, ammonia and carbon dioxide in water. Often used in the baking process, many people confuse this powder with baking powder.
For chemistry, baking soda is called sodium bicarbonate, sodium hydrogen carbonate or NaHCO3. In addition, there are also known with other popular names such as E500, bread soda, cooking soda, …
Baking soda is used to increase the pH during food processing, making the food more alkaline. In addition, baking soda will support baking by bubbling when CO2 is exposed to temperatures above 80 degrees Celsius.
In addition to the main effects mentioned above, baking soda also brings many great health benefits as follows:
- Antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, swollen pepper … is the method, how to treat acne at home is used by many people.
- Beat heartburn: Thanks to the inherent alkalinity, baking soda helps neutralize excess acid in the stomach.
- Using oral hygiene: Baking soda is used by many people to replace mouthwash because it has antibacterial, antiseptic properties and reduces bad breath.
- Soothes sores and cracks on dry lips.
- Tooth whitening.
- Eliminates unpleasant odors in the armpits.
- Reduce itching on the skin and sunburn.
Instructions for acne treatment with baking soda
Acne is a problem that everyone has encountered in life, especially in teenagers. There are many causes that can cause acne such as clogged pores due to dirt, excess oil on the skin, skin infections or hormonal disorders, …
Although not too dangerous, but acne will cause loss of aesthetics, causing many people to inferiority from which causes many other problems in daily life. To prevent further acne or acne scarring, women often look for natural, easy-to-do home remedies including baking soda.
So, what is the effect of acne treatment with baking soda? The answer is right below:
- Baking soda is alkaline, so it is very effective in neutralizing acidic substances inside and outside the body.
- Baking soda has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that will soothe inflamed blisters or minor pain in the skin.
The article would like to suggest to readers some ways to use baking soda to treat acne that can be done at home, both simply and without time:
Treat acne with baking soda and a cleanser
This is one of the simplest ways that the effect will surely surprise you. Proceed as follows:
- Just mix one to two teaspoons of baking soda with the cleanser you’re using, adding just enough warm water to make a paste.
- Then, apply this mixture to the acne-prone skin and gently massage your fingertips into an arc.
- Do this for 15 to 20 minutes and then wash your face with cold water.
Treat acne with baking soda and fresh orange juice
Orange is one of the foods with a rich source of vitamin C, which helps fight free radicals, keeps your skin bright, and reduces wrinkles and prevents aging. Not only that, oranges also have antioxidants that are good for your skin and overall health.
Therefore, the combination of baking soda and fresh orange juice will help fight acne, improve scars that cause unsightly beauty, remove dead skin cells. The formula is used as follows:
- Baking soda powder and fresh orange juice are used in a ratio of 1: 2, meaning that the amount of orange juice must be twice the amount of baking soda you use. Mix well to create a liquid and slightly thick paste.
- You need to clean your skin first with a cleanser. Then dry the skin with a soft cotton towel.
- You do not apply the mixture directly on the skin but you need to buy a paper mask as a lining. Use a brush to apply the mixture evenly to the paper mask.
- Let it dry naturally for 10 to 15 minutes, then wipe off your face with a absorbent medical cotton ball. You also need to rinse again with cold water to tighten the pores.
- You use the formula once a week.
Treatment acne with baking soda and water
This is also a simple method that does not take too much time you should try to combat the nasty acne on the skin. Steps to follow include:
- Use a teaspoon of baking soda mixed with just enough clean water to make a paste.
- Wash your face thoroughly and use a cotton swab to gently apply the mixture to acne spots. Leave it on for two to three minutes, then rinse with warm water.
- Because using warm water to wash your face will widen your pores, use an ice cube to roll over your face or use rose water. After that, you can also use a mild, non-irritating moisturizer to nourish your skin.
- You can use this method once or twice a week to feel a noticeable improvement in your skin.
Note at using acne treatment with baking soda
Although baking soda can be very effective in treating acne, there are some important things to keep in mind:
- Currently, there are not many studies that clearly prove the effectiveness of baking soda to treat acne, so you should consult a dermatologist before using it to treat acne.
- Human skin usually has a pH of 4 – 5.5, meaning that the skin is acidic. Baking soda powder has a pH of 9, mainly alkaline. Therefore, using baking soda too often will harm the skin, losing some of the natural oils that the skin secretes to protect it. Once or twice a week is an appropriate level if you use it to treat acne.
- Baking soda is a chemical product, so it is not safe for all skin types. You should test the reaction on your hands before you intend to use it on your face.
- Some of the side effects of baking soda: Dry skin, skin allergies, dermatitis, sun sensitive skin.
- If you use baking soda to treat acne, you should use a completely new type, not a peeled can to avoid causing skin inflammation.
The baking soda acne that the article hopes to be useful knowledge for readers. A beautiful skin will create great charisma and confidence for everyone!