Honey for acne treatment recipe fast, effective and safe at home. Honey is an easy-to-find ingredient and is almost readily available in every home. It is also used as an extremely effective acne treatment. If you have inflammatory acne, don’t ignore the honey acne treatments shared by Beauty Tips below.
What is the use of honey in treating acne?
Honey contains a variety of nutritional ingredients including minerals, vitamins, enzymes and antioxidants that are good for health in general and for the skin in particular. On the skin, honey releases a small amount of Hydrogen peroxide, which helps disinfect your skin.
Hydrogen peroxide works together with high levels of sugar and acids to help prevent bacteria from reproducing and growing further. Fatty acids, peptides, amino acids and B vitamins significantly reduce redness and help prevent swelling. Since then resolving the causes of inflammatory acne thoroughly.
Another antibacterial component of honey is glucuronic acid. This substance can quickly dry inflamed acne and limit the spread of acne. Along with its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, it can cure bacterial infections and soothe internal wounds.
Besides anti-inflammatory effects, for people with dry skin, honey is a natural moisturizer that helps maintain skin moisture. Using honey can prevent dry, flaky skin that other inflammatory treatments can cause. In addition, honey has exfoliating properties, using it can remove dead skin cells making your skin brighter.
Many such benefits, it is not difficult to understand why treating acne by natural methods with honey is widely chosen and trusted.
Some of the most popular honey acne treatments
For effective skin care with honey, you can refer to some formulas to treat dermatitis:
Use pure honey to treat inflammatory acne
Using raw honey can help treat particularly inflamed acne. In its natural form, honey has the action of enzymes, plant substances, and living bacteria that work together to create a powerful anti-inflammatory ingredient.
Ingredients: Pure honey, cotton swab.
- Clean your face and let your skin air dry naturally.
- Use a cotton swab soaked in honey and apply to acne-prone skin or entire face.
- Leave for 20 minutes then rinse with warm water.
- Finally, rinse your skin with cold water to tighten pores.
You should perform this method 2 times per week to bring the best acne treatment effect.
Acne treatment with honey and turmeric powder
Curcumin, an important ingredient in turmeric, can kill acne-causing bacteria – P. acnes, even better than anti-acne medication azelaic. Curcumin can also help control oxidation and limit skin inflammation. Using turmeric can help your skin still strengthen its defenses against inflammatory acne spots. Turmeric also helps to heal damaged skin quickly.
Ingredients: 2 tablespoons turmeric, 3 tablespoons honey.
- Mix the two ingredients into a smooth mixture.
- Apply the mixture on the skin acne. Leave for 20 minutes then rinse with water.
- Perform 2 times / week.
In addition to the way on the face, you should apply honey turmeric to help beautify the skin from the inside and increase the anti-inflammatory effects of turmeric. Proceed as follows:
- Use 3 tablespoons of turmeric starch mixed with 3 tablespoons of honey and add 50ml of warm water.
- Drink this water regularly every morning when eating.
Acne treatment with honey and baking soda
Baking soda – sodium bicarbonate is a useful alkaline substance that helps to manage the skin’s pH level and limit excessive sebum production. For inflammatory acne, Baking soda can help soothe inflammation and relieve minor pain. It can be used as an exfoliant or added to acne treatments to increase effectiveness.
Ingredients: 2 spoons of honey, 1 spoon of Baking soda.
- Mix the mixture well.
- Wash your face and hands. Use your hands to apply the mixture to the skin and massage for 2 minutes then let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Wash your face again with water.
You should perform this method regularly 2 times per week for the best results.
Acne treatment with honey and lemon
Lemons contain bioactive compounds that are rarely found in other fruits and have powerful antibacterial properties. This is a factor that helps lemons fight P. acnes and other bacteria that cause skin inflammation and uncomfortable swelling. Therefore, lemon has antiseptic ability, can kill bacteria that lead to acne, acne.
Ingredients: 1 teaspoon lemon juice, 3 tablespoons honey, cotton swab.
- Mix lemon juice and honey well.
- Apply the mixture evenly on acne-prone skin. Massage gently for 1 minute then let stand 15 minutes.
- Rinse skin with clean water.
You need to perform this method regularly 2 times a week to work well. In addition, you can also drink honey lemon juice to help clear the liver and reduce inflammation. Proceed as follows:
- Use half a lemon to squeeze water, add 5 tablespoons of honey and 70ml of warm water.
- Drink honey lemonade 30 minutes before eating. Can be used daily if you do not have stomach problems.
Acne treatment with honey and yogurt
Yogurt can help tighten pores, soften skin and moisturize your skin. Yogurt also has mild antibacterial properties and helps to firm the skin. Especially using yogurt will help reduce oil secretion on oily skin, support acne effectively.
Ingredients: 2 tablespoons yogurt, 3 tablespoons honey.
- Mix honey and yogurt.
- Apply to the skin, leave to sit for about 20 minutes.
- Rinse off with warm water then finish with cold water.
You should use unsweetened and skimmed yogurt. Perform this method 2 times / week to bring the best effect.
Acne treatment with honey and egg
Chicken egg whites have the effect of tightening pores, firming skin. The nutrients in egg white can prevent inflammation on the skin. Combined with honey will increase the skin’s moisturizing properties.
Ingredients: 1 chicken egg white, 3 tablespoons honey.
- Whisk the egg whites and then add honey to mix.
- Apply to the skin and wait about 20 minutes.
- Rinse your face with warm water then cold water.
You should perform regularly 2-3 times per week to bring the best effect.
Acne treatment with honey and sea salt
Sea salt is an extremely simple acne medication that works by clearing dead skin cells, killing bacteria and promoting a healthy pH level in the skin. By hydrating your skin and reducing irritation, turning salts can prevent your skin from over-producing oil.
Ingredients: 1 teaspoon honey, 1 spoon sea salt, 2 tablespoons clean warm water.
- Mix well and apply on face. Let stand for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse with water.
Perform this method 2 times / week.
Notes when treating acne with honey
For the process of treating acne on the cheeks, honey surface with good results, you need to note the following points:
- Should choose pure honey to use.
- Pre-test the skin on your hands before applying it to your face to avoid irritation.
- Need to persevere in the application of honey acne treatments. Because this is a safe method from nature, it cannot be used immediately.
- Absolutely not arbitrarily squeezing inflamed acne, can make the situation worse.
- You need to protect your skin from environmental impacts. Need to shield skin thoroughly when outdoors and clean skin daily.
- In case of severe acne, you should visit medical facilities for advice on the best treatment.
The method of treating acne with honey shared above hopes to help you improve your skin condition. Consistently performing natural remedies will help remove acne safely and without side effects.