The Covid-19 epidemic continues to sweep across the world, killing nearly 250,000 people and causing Britain to prepare a response in case the prime minister dies from the epidemic.
According to Worldometers, as of early May 4 (Vietnam time), the new strain of coronavirus has infected 212 countries and territories around the world, infecting at least 3,560,911 people and causing 248,048 cases of which died. However, the world also witnessed 1,152,914 Covid-19 patients cured.
UK defended the situation when the Prime Minister died because of Covid-19
In an interview with The Sun on May 3, British Prime Minister Boris Johnson revealed that the government had prepared “strategic plans” when he was hospitalized for treatment of Covid-19 infection. both situations he did not survive and died.
Prime Minister Johnson, 55, announced he had tested positive for the new strain of corona virus on March 27 but said he wasolating himself at home because he had only mild symptoms. But at the request of the doctors, he was hospitalized on April 5 when the blood oxygen level was too low and was taken to the intensive care unit the day after.
The British government leader had to use a ventilator for three days due to a severe illness, but he finally recovered and was discharged on April 12. According to the BBC, Mr. Johnson and his fiancée Carrie Symonds recently decided to name the couple’s newborn son Wilfred Lawrie Nicholas Johnson in order to show respect and gratitude to their grandfather and the two uncles. The doctor treated the prime minister at the hospital.
Mr. Johnson’s revelation came as Britain now surpassed Spain to become the third-largest country in the world, behind only the United States and Italy in terms of the number of deaths due to Covid-19. The fog island nation currently records 28,446 deaths out of a total of nearly 187,000 nationwide.
The number of deaths in the US nearly hits the 70,000 mark
The United States is the country most heavily affected by the Covid-19 epidemic, with the total number of infections and deaths due to the epidemic continuously increasing and currently the highest in the world. In the past 24 hours alone, the country recorded 25,299 new cases of Covid-19 and 1,101 deaths, bringing the country’s total number of infections by early May 4 to nearly 1.2 million with 68,545 cases in the country. that number died.
According to CNN, Mr. J.B. Pritzker, the governor of Illinois, recently criticized the White House for “no useful contributions for weeks” to the domestic war against Covid-19. Speaking at CBS’s “Face the Nation”, Mr. Pritzker emphasized that the governors themselves had to share with each other how to respond to the crisis and keep people safe from the disease.
Meanwhile, Marty Walsh, Mayor of Boston, Massachusetts, also expressed concern about the re-opening of the economy, as well as loosen social measures to relax socially early when the Covid-19 epidemic was still raging. onions in the US. He condemned the administration of President Donald Trump for giving “incomprehensible messages”, leading to crowds at the national shopping center in Washington DC or Central Park in the New Center. York, increasing the risk of spreading dangerous pathogens.
Mr. Walsh believes that cities across the United States still need large-scale Covid-19 testing as well as adequate personal protective equipment for frontline epidemic health workers.
More than 50% of new infections of Covid-19 in Russia have no symptoms
CNN quoted Russian health officials as saying that within the past 24 hours, the country had 10,633 new cases of coronavirus-positive, the record increase in the day since the outbreak, bringing the total number of cases. contracted Covid-19 nationwide to 134,687 people. Worth mentioning, up to 50% of new cases of Covid-19 in birch country on 3/5 did not show symptoms of infection.
The total number of Covid-19 patients who died in Russia as of early May 4 was 1,280, an increase of 58 cases from the previous day. However, the mortality rate in this country is much lower than other “hot spots” because of the epidemic in the world.
President Vladimir Putin said that, depending on the specific situation, Russia could loosen the limit measures to eliminate epidemics from 12/5. However, he asked the localities to continue strictly implementing the social gap to slow the spread of the new strain of corona virus.
France, Italy and Spain have good signals
France, Italy and Spain both recorded the lowest number of Covid-19 deaths in recent weeks, as governments in these countries prepared to relax their epidemic measures. In particular, France has 135 more deaths, Italy recorded 174 deaths (low level in the past two months) and Spain with 164 deaths (the lowest since mid-March).
In Spain, some businesses were reopened today, 4/5 when the country began “phase 0” of the relaxation of restrictive measures after 8 weeks of applying the national emergency decree. Gia to quench translation.
Meanwhile, the Elysée Palace confirms that France will not impose a 14-day mandatory isolation period for people who enter from the Schengen area of the European Union (EU) and the UK. However, in the proposal submitted to the National Assembly, the French government wants to prolong the emergency because Covid-19 added nearly 2 months to prevent the risk of a second outbreak.
Other notable news about Covid-19
– Serbian Prime Minister Aleksandar Vucic said on Wednesday that the country will end the emergency of the Covid-19 epidemic this week because the speed of infection of the new strain of corona virus has slowed. The Balkan state currently records 9,464 cases of Covid-19 with 193 deaths. The Serbian parliament is expected to vote through the removal of anti-epidemic measures that have been implemented since mid-March such as closing borders, airports, daily curfew ….
– Bangladesh added 665 new cases of Covid-19 on May 3, the highest increase within 24 hours since the Government announced the outbreak on March 8. According to the national news agency BSS, 177 Covid-19 patients in Bangladesh were killed in a total of 9,455 positive cases for the new strain of corona virus nationwide. In a recent online meeting with 56 district officials across the country, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina announced many support packages for citizens and specific steps to mitigate the negative impact of the outbreak. .
– Brazil’s Ministry of Health announces that in the past 24 hours alone, there have been 4,588 new cases of Covid-19, with 275 deaths, bringing the total number of nationwide infections to over 100,000 and the total number of deaths. nationwide, to 7,025 people, more than any of its Latin American neighbors. According to experts, the above figures may be much lower than the reality because Brazil does not test new strains of corona virus widely in people.
– The Egyptian government announced it would allow hotels to reopen to accommodate domestic tourists, provided they operated at no more than 25% of capacity until the end of May and carried out a series of Other medical measures to prevent the spread of new strains of corona virus. As of early morning 4/5, the country recorded 6,465 cases of Covid-19 with 429 deaths. According to Prime Minister Mostafa Madbouly, Egypt will begin to return to normal life gradually after the Muslim fasting month of Ramadan (lasting from April 24 to May 23).
– The Tanzanian President said he would send a plane to Madagascar to import a herbal tonic that was praised by the country’s leader for treating acute respiratory infections caused by a new strain of corona virus. President of Congo-Brazzaville also announced that it will import this type of pharmaceutical product, which is made from artemisia (a source of medicinal materials used in the production of anti-malaria drugs) and is marketed only after 3 weeks of testing on 20 people.