According to the worldometers statistics page, the world recorded 8,107,424 cases of Covid-19 acute respiratory infection caused by the new strain of coronavirus SARS-CoV-2, including 438,580 deaths and 4,187,421 average. Apparel.
The United States, the most affected country in the world with more than 2,182,540 cases and more than 118,279 deaths, on June 15 recorded the lowest number of deaths (382) since mid-April, when the epidemic. culminated in this country.
Recently, the US recorded an average of less than 1,000 deaths a day due to Covid-19. However, the US continues to have about 20,000 new cases each day. The number of SARS-CoV-2 infections and hospital admissions on June 14 hit a record high in many US states, including Florida and Texas.
The data raises concerns about a second wave of outbreaks as states prepare to fully open their economies while some states have not yet met the conditions for reopening.
At the risk, not only health experts but some officials in the Trump administration also recommend that people wear masks and avoid crowds to prevent the spread of the disease.
On June 15, Republican congressman Tom Rice announced that he and his family members had tested positive for SARS-CoV-2. Thus, up to now, a total of 8 US Congressmen have confirmed or been diagnosed with Covid-19.
On the same day, the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) announced the withdrawal of the authorization for emergency use of anti-malarial drugs Hydroxychloroquine and Chloroquine in treating patients with Covid-19 due to There is increasing evidence that these drugs are ineffective in treatment, and that they can have fatal side effects.
With this notice, Federal Government drug lots will not be distributed to local health authorities.
* According to AFP, based on official figures, the number of Covid-19 deaths in Latin America and the Caribbean on June 15 exceeded the 80,000 mark, more than half of these in Brazil, in the context. SARS-CoV-2 is spreading rapidly throughout this area.
Since the discovery of the first Covid-19 case in Latin America in March, the region has recorded a total of 80,505 deaths, including 44,118 cases in Brazil, the country with the number of cases and deaths due to Covid-19 is the 2nd highest in the world, after America.
On the same day, the Brazilian Ministry of Health reported an additional 23,674 cases of SARS-CoV-2 in the past 24 hours, bringing the total to 891,556.
The city of Santana Do Livramento in southern Brazil bordering on Uruguay had to issue a curfew at night due to the strong spread of the disease, and severely affecting the Rivera city of neighboring Uruguay due to People from both sides often cross the border.
Although only 83,000 people live, health officials have been forced to list Santana Do Livramento as a high-risk list and allow only some basic services to be opened.
Mexico is thought to be in the peak of the Covid-19 epidemic with 146,837 cases, including 17,141 deaths and 52,636 suspected cases.
The country’s Ministry of Health predicts that the number of deaths could reach 35,000 and it is expected that the first wave will last until October, and the second wave is expected to occur in late November or early May. 12 to.
In Colombia, the number of cases of Covid-19 has exceeded 50,000, namely 50,939, while the number of deaths is 1,667.
Meanwhile, in Central America, the number of Covid-19 cases in Panama, Costa Rica, Honduras, Guatemala and El Salvador continued to increase sharply as there were 1,629 new infections recorded, bringing the total number of cases to 44,067. including 1,198 deaths.
* On June 15, the World Health Organization (WHO) announced that China officially recorded more than 100 cases of SARS-CoV-2, during a new disease outbreak originating from markets in the West. Beijing, at the same time, is investigating the source and scale of this outbreak.
CGTN news agency reported on June 15, Chinese health officials are searching for all those who have been to the Tan Phat Dia wholesale market (Beijing) since May 30. An estimated 200,000 people have been to the market since then until the market has been temporarily closed since June 13.
* In India, the city government of Chennai, capital of Tamil Nadu state, announced that it would re-impose a blockade from June 19 until the end of the month, amid new cases of surging cases in the region. there are 15 million people.
India continues to record more than 10,000 cases of Covid-19 each day. To date, the total number of people infected in this country has reached 343,026 cases, the 4th highest in the world after the US, Brazil and Russia.
* Japanese Prime Minister Abe Shinzo has warned of the risk of an outbreak again amid a surge in new cases in Tokyo in recent days. Prime Minister Abe warned people not to be subjective that the virus will weaken in the summer because the dangerous virus still spreads even in extremely hot countries in the Middle East. He also emphasized the need to prepare to deal with the second wave of infection by strengthening the health system and increasing virus testing.
* Indonesia recorded an additional 64 deaths, the highest ever recorded day and 1,017 new infections, bringing the total number of cases and deaths to 39,294 and 2,198 respectively. Currently Indonesia has begun to relax measures to prevent epidemics.
* On June 15, Thailand recorded no additional cases of Covid-19, marking the 21st day of no cases of infection in the community. To date, Thailand has recorded a total of 3,135 cases, including 58 deaths. This is also the day marking Thailand entering a phase 4 of a blockade easing along with the night curfew being lifted and many activities in the highest-risk category are resumed, despite the Ordinance on Status. The emergency is still valid.
* In the Philippines, the total number of positive cases with SARS-CoV-2 reached 26,420 after the Ministry of Health announced to record an additional 490 cases. The daily death toll is 10, bringing the total number of non-surviving patients in the country to 1,098.
* Singapore Government confirmed that starting from June 19, it will enter phase 2 of the process of opening the economy after more than 2 weeks of implementing phase 1 opening from June 2.
In phase 2, most of the social and business activities will be resumed such as retail business, food shops, social gatherings in small groups of 5 or fewer; refresher courses, health care services, sports centers will be reopened; students from all levels come to school every day …
However, some activities have a large number of participants such as religious services, large cultural venues such as libraries and museums, large-scale events such as conferences, exhibitions, fairs and Entertainment venues such as bars, cinemas and night clubs … remain closed. People still have to keep a safe distance of at least 1m and wear a mask when going out and at work.
* Iran warned that it could re-apply strict restrictive measures to ensure a social gap to prevent the spread of disease after the country has recorded more than 100 deaths for the second consecutive day. Disease.
On June 15, the Iranian Ministry of Health announced another 113 deaths from the Covid-19 epidemic, bringing the total number of deaths to 8,950. In addition, 2,449 new cases have been confirmed, bringing the total number of cases in Iran to 189,876.
* The Egyptian Ministry of Health announces an additional 1,691 SARS-CoV-2 infections, bringing the total to 46,289. In addition, according to the agency, an additional 97 patients died from Covid-19 in the past 24 hours, the highest number recorded in the day since the outbreak, bringing the total number of deaths from the disease. This danger has reached 1,672 people. In addition, 398 patients with Covid-19 recovered and were discharged, thereby bringing the total number of patients to 12,329.
In Vietnam, there have been 61 days without any cases of infection in the community. The number of recorded cases of Covid-19 was 334, of which, 323 patients were declared cured. Out of 11 patients who were still on treatment, 5 of them had 1 negative or more SARS-CoV-2 test result.